My theme this November is choose a thankful heart. Today, I am thankful for Maree Dee who nominated me for the Liebster Award. Thank you, Maree Dee.
Maree Dee who blogs at Embracing Life in the Midst of the Unexpected graciously nominated me for the Liebster Award. Her love for God and His people shines through her words that encourage others and point to the hope we have in Christ. Be sure to visit her website.
The Liebster Award
The Liebster Award is a virtual one, passed from blogger to blogger. It helps readers get to know the blogger a little better and gives me an opportunity to share other blogs that encourage me.
There are specific rules to follow:
- Acknowledge who nominated you and share their links
- Share 11 facts about yourself
- Answer the 11 questions asked by the blogger who nominated you
- Nominate 5-11 more bloggers
- Ask those bloggers 11 questions
- Include an image of the Liebster Award in your post or your sidebar
- Let the bloggers you nominate know
Eleven Facts about Me
- Being a mom and nana are the greatest joys of my life.
- The only jobs I’ve ever held involve working with children.
- I love the ocean; it’s my favorite place.
- Christmas is my favorite holiday and I always know how many days until Christmas (today, there are 41).
- Decaf coffee and tea are my favorite beverages; no sweetener, please!
- Studying God’s Word fills me with joy.
- Gratitude changed my life. Choosing to find joy in small things and thanking God in all circumstances makes a difference in my attitude.
- My dad started taking me to UCLA football and basketball games when I was 11 years old. I went to UCLA and am a die-hard fan.
- Boston Terriers are the only kind of dog I’ll own.
- I adore flowers but have a black thumb so I can’t grow them.
- Every year I chose one word as my theme to help provide a focus for my walk with Christ. I’m currently praying about the word for 2018.
Answers to Maree Dee’s Questions
- The things I’m most thankful for today, besides family, are God’s Word and the Holy Spirit. Our church just finished a series called Dwell, about the Holy Spirit in our lives. It greatly encouraged me.
- If I could travel anywhere in the world, I would go to Hawaii (planning to do that this summer with Van, our daughter, Erin, and son-in-law, Phil, and our two oldest grandchildren, Zach and Katie. Happy dance!). I also want to take a historic tour of the United States. We’ll stop at aquariums and Presidential Libraries along the way.
- Three words to describe who I am include: happily retired, organized, and reader.
- If I could ask God one question today, I don’t have an answer to. This recently came up during a discussion with friends. I believe that when I finally get to heaven, it will be enough to know God fully, even as I am fully known (1 Corinthians 13:12).
- What helps me get through the unexpected in life is God’s past faithfulness. I can look back at all the ways He worked things together for good and know He will do so again. Also, the hope I have in Christ. Knowing that the troubles I face here are temporary and someday every tear will be wiped away and I’ll spend eternity with Him.
- If I could cure one disease it would be Juvenile (Type One) Diabetes. This disease slowly eats away at its victims. Our daughter, Kimberly, was diagnosed with Juvenile Diabetes when she was 9. She struggled to keep it under control and lost her battle at 32.
- My favorite thing to do is read on the beach.
- If I had to flee my home and could take only 2 things, I’d take Van and my Macbook. Van because he is my best friend and I can’t imagine life without him. My MacBook because it has all my photos, my Bible, contacts, and other important things that are precious to me.
- What I like best about my friend, Jule, is no matter how long between visits, we never run out of things to talk about. She encourages, inspires, and loves me unconditionally.
- If I could change one thing about myself, it would be my need for the approval of others.
- I want people to remember I loved Jesus and followed Him faithfully.
My Nominations for the Liebster Award
Each of these women inspires me with their writing. Click on the links to learn why I admire them and nominate them for this award.
- Days and Thoughts by Joanne Viola
- Faith on Fire by Lyli Dunbar
- The Mom-Gene by Jamie Sumner
- Helping You Find What Nurtures You by Anita Ojeda
- Chasing Roots, Touching Sky by Brenda Bradford Ottinger
- Encouraging Your Heart by Crystal Storms
- Seeking God as the Author of Every Story by Kristin Hill Taylor
- Trekking Thru by Char
- Finding Peace in God’s Word by Sarah Geringer
- Lisa Notes by Lisa Burgess
- Being Woven by Linda Gill
Questions for My Lieber Award Nominees
- As a child, what did you want to be when you grew up?
- Who is someone who influenced you and how did they do it?
- If you had a day to spend however you wanted, what would you do?
- What is your favorite season?
- What is one thing that made your heart sing in 2017?
- Is there one song that causes you to hit repeat?
- If we met for dessert, what would you order?
- What household chore do you dislike the most?
- Do you have a devotional you’d recommend to others?
- What Bible verse brings you comfort?
- Besides the Bible, what is your favorite book?
And, dear readers, I’d love to know a little more about you, too. In the comments, answer one or two of the questions I asked.