While I walked around Goldwater Lake, I looked in all directions, including down. I didn’t want to slip on the uneven ground of dirt and rocks. Also, I’ve learned that I often see gifts when I slow down enough to stop once in a while and take stock of what God placed around me.
I was rewarded when I observed two lizards. Barely breathing, I stood as still as a statue admiring the details of their bumpy skin, tiny toes and eyes, stripes, and a long tail. Watching these creatures, and their different behavior, I thought about the lessons they taught about my walk with God.
Trust in the Lord: Stand Firm
One lizard stood in the middle of the path, enjoying the warm ground, His brown skin blended with the dirt, camouflaging him from enemies. Showing no fear, he didn’t move from his spot. I didn’t seem to bother him in the least. His brave stance reminded me to stand firm in the Lord.
- Remember God’s past faithfulness. No matter what happens around me, I can trust Him. He’s proven Himself over and over.
Trust the Lord your God, and you will stand firm. (2 Chronicles 20:20 CEB)
- When I stand firm, He promises victory. Instead of giving up, I need to keep going, trusting He will provide what I need. I don’t need to know how God’s plans always prevail.
But thanks be to God; He gives us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ. Therefore, my dear brothers and sisters, stand firm. Let nothing move you. Always give yourselves fully to the work of the Lord because you know your labor in the Lord is not in vain. (1 Corinthians 15:57-58)
Trust in the Lord: Take Refuge in Him
As I continued to look around me, I noticed the second lizard. This guy wasn’t as bold as his friend. He hid under a rock, just his face sticking out, checking to see if it was safe to venture out of his hiding place. He reminded me I can always take refuge in the Lord.
- Take refuge when I’m weary and don’t think I can go on. The Lord delivers me from fear, comforting me with His Word, reminding me that I am never alone.
God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble. (Psalm 46:1 NIV)
- Take refuge in the worst storms of life. When it seems everything is changing, and I have no idea what to do, I do not need to fear. God is always there.
You have been a defense for the helpless,
a refuge in the storm,
and a shade from the heat (Isaiah 25:4 NASB)
Trust in the Lord is Always the Answer
No matter what you face today, trust in the Lord. He loves you and always provides what you need. Stand firm, confident He will help you. Take refuge in Him and let Him comfort and protect you.
In the comments, would you share:
- How are you trusting in the Lord today?
- When have you stood firm and seen victory?
- How has God comforted and protected you when you took refuge in Him?
I may link with:
Inspire Me Monday, Moments of Hope, LLML Link-up, Trekking Thru, #tellhisstory, Tea and Word Tuesday, Ra-Ra Link-up, Gracefull Tuesday, Woman to Woman, Porch Stories, Coffee for Your Heart, Dream Together, Be Thee Inspired, Heart Encouragement, Tune-in Thursday, Salt and Light, Quietly Through Thursday, Thankful and Grateful Thursday, Grace, and Truth, Faith on Fire, Fresh Market Friday, Five Minute Friday, Counting My Blessings,iHeart Verse, #bvn, Sunday Thoughts